Well, I've heard about it pretty much all my life. Always wanted to do it, never found the right moment to do so. Ironic I know, but it's a lesson learned, that we have to take the time to do it, or to get anything done these days.
Just before Christmas 2007, I picked up a book by the Dalai Lama How to see yourself as you really are . It's a very comprehensive guide to Buddhist meditation practices.
Well I finally tried it, early one morning before leaving for work. As always in my non traditional ways, no special technique, no sitting with my legs crossed, no new age music with pan flutes etc I just sat on the couch, and closed my eyes... boy was I in for a surprise, I got my ass (mind) kicked, about a billion thoughts raced through my mind at that moment. I felt overwhelmed. So I decided to just focus on an object etc, and for no particular reason I decided to focus on a blue light. Well after about 10 min, I was able to clear my mind, and just focus on that one blue light. I was astounded, I had done it, I had stemmed the flow thoughts for at least a few minutes. I felt really good the rest of the day.
It proved to me that if I can truly focus on one thing, and accomplish that one thing I'd feel accomplished, and lighter. I'm not looking to transcend any barriers here, what so ever. I'm just looking for some focus, and that feeling of peace I had when I was a kid.
www.myspace.com/innerlightmusic
www.reverbnation.com/innerlightspectrum
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment